Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 13 08 7:36 PM

Tags : :

Ok boy and girls... go nuts in this new thread. I really want to see how it feels. Plus feel free to throw as many initial thoughts in here.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 13 08 7:38 PM

Overall I really like this look. The sidebar is muuuuch better when it's blended into the background like it is here.

The category list I feel has too much space though. It takes me too long to scroll around.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 13 08 7:39 PM

After posting one thought.. and this might just be nitpicking.

I prefer the Submit button on the right where it was. Saves the time of having to travel the mouse from the right (where the reply link is) to the left to submit.

Also, across the site the it's on the bottom right for the "positive" action, and being used to OS X where it's also on the bottom right.

But as I said.. just not picking really.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 13 08 7:42 PM

First thoughts... wow its a major change. I now see why forum users bitch.

Second... a little too much spacing in the categories view as well as the threads view within the categories.

Third. The Yellow edit bar doesn't fit with this theme.

Fourth. I'm really happy that content is being pulled out of the threads.

Firth. The greyed out/read threads in the category views are waaaay to greyed out. The text either should be the same color and the # greyed out... or it should be a very slight shade of grey.

Sixth. Active members for some reasons looks really nice... maybe its having all icons and no blanky faces.

Seventh. Tags is quite stressed. Not sure if its needed.

Eight. {} doesn't mean much if you're a joe schmoe.

I will have many more.. please all chime in.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 13 08 7:44 PM

Definitely agree on the active members. I think a big part is the darker background making the images POP.

Also agree on the grayed out in the thread list.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 13 08 7:54 PM

Is this in Safari?

Safari adds its own highlight to the field you're editing.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#14 [url]

Feb 14 08 12:08 AM

Maybe the web links section should match the others with bullets and dividers.

Edit: Editing works for me in FF. I like this.

Self-preservation is a full-time occupation.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Feb 14 08 8:42 AM

Just noticed that there's no search anymore. I really like the idea of having the search box always available on every page. Although, I'm not sure exactly where it would be placed.

Quote    Reply   

wojtek

C00l D00d

#19 [url]

Feb 14 08 10:49 AM

missing search is not by design, it should be somewhere apparently I forgot it

I'm at getting some dental stuff done here at the academy of medicine or whatsitcalled, can someone take a look and see why we get error 500 when watching threads wihtout being logged in?

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Feb 14 08 6:25 PM

Looks pretty cool. First thing I noticed(and miss) are the avatar pictures next to the recent posts

das wassup

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help